Granada face their hardest Europa League check but as they welcome Manchester United to Nuevo Los Carmenes within the first leg of their 2020-21 UEFA Europa League Quarter Remaining.
This matches represents Granada’s hardest check of their European high quality as they face Man Utd for the very first time.
Embed from Getty Pictures
Dimitri Foulquier is amongst six gamers dominated out for Granada as he recovers from a hamstring damage.
Luis Suarez, Luis Milla (each hamstring), Alberto Soro (knee), Neyder Lozano (cranium) and Pepe Sanchez (knock) are additionally set to overlook out.
Man Utd could possibly be with out Marcus Rashford after the England worldwide suffered a knock in Sunday’s comeback 2-1 win over Brighton.
Juan Mata may return after recovering from an unspecified damage in latest weeks however Eric Bailly (Coronavirus), Anthony Martial and Phil Jones (each knee) stay absent.
- That is Granada’s first-ever assembly towards Manchester United.
- Granada have by no means met English opposition earlier than in all competitions, however have misplaced simply considered one of six house matches in Europa League this season (W4, D1, L1).
- 5 of Man Utd’s six Europa League targets this season have come from midfield, with Bruno Fernandes scoring twice while Daniel James, Amad Diallo and Paul Pogba scored as soon as every.
- Granada have scored twice in 4 of their six house video games on this season’s Europa League (W4, D1, L1), with Jorge Molina the one participant to attain twice at house.
- Man Utd have misplaced three of their final 5 ‘away’ matches towards Spanish opposition (W1, D1, L3).
Granada enter this recreation off the again of consecutive home defeats however have been troublesome to beat at house in European competitors this season with their strong hard-working 4-4-2 formation.
Having thrashed Actual Sociedad of their final ‘away’ recreation towards Spanish opposition – albeit on impartial soil, Man Utd might be hoping that they will recreate that magic after a stoop in high quality performances which was evident of their scrappy comeback win over Brighton on Sunday.
On that observe, this might very effectively be a tricky contest but when Utd can deliver their larger high quality right here and play their high recreation, I feel this might be a snug outcome given Granada’s lack of expertise at this stage of knockout competitions in Europe.
Prediction: Granada 0-2 Manchester United