Arsenal welcome Slavia Prague to Emirates Stadium in first leg of their Quarter Remaining tie in 2020-21 UEFA Europa League.
This match is Arsenal’s first assembly towards Slavia Prague since November 2007 within the Group Stage of 2007-08 Champions League season.
Embed from Getty Photographs
Kieran Tierney is a doubt for Arsenal after struggling a knee harm throughout Saturday’s Premier League loss to Liverpool.
Emile Smith Rowe (quad), Granit Xhaka (sickness) and Bukayo Saka (hamstring) are doubts however David Luiz (knee) is dominated out.
Slavia Prague might be with out Ondrej Kolar who’s travelling regardless of struggling a cranium fracture of their controversial away win at Rangers within the Spherical of 16 final month.
Ondrej Kudela (nostril), Simon Deli (Coronavirus) and David Hovorka (unspecified) are dominated out.
- Arsenal are unbeaten in two earlier conferences towards Slavia Prague (W1, D1).
- Slavia Prague misplaced their solely earlier away journey to Arsenal, shedding 7-0 in October 2007 in Group Stage of 2007-08 Champions League.
- Arsenal have by no means misplaced to Czech opposition in eight earlier conferences throughout all UEFA competitions (W7, D1).
- Slavia Prague have gained simply one in every of six away journeys towards English opposition, defeating Leicester in Spherical of 32 this season (W1, D1, L4).
- Mikel Arteta’s Gunners have saved only one clear sheet in 4 ‘house’ matches really held at Emirates Stadium on this season’s Europa League, having performed their ‘house leg’ of Final 32 tie in Greece because of journey restrictions.
Mikel Arteta will probably be eager to see a response from his Arsenal gamers after Saturday’s passive defeat to Liverpool, regardless of defending effectively all through the primary half earlier than caving in with a torpid defensive effort in second half and supplied little on the assault.
Slavia Prague in the meantime come into this recreation buoyed by a sudden upturn in away fortunes on British soil with medical hard-working wins over Leicester and Rangers within the final two rounds, though this will probably be their hardest check but.
Arsenal nevertheless do really want to win this competitors if wish to play in Europe subsequent season, so I count on them to come back out with a combating show but when Slavia can match their effort with a robust defensive show and pressure an away objective then the second leg may effectively be tasty.
Prediction: Arsenal 2-1 Slavia Prague